Do you want to opt for body contouring or eliminate balding areas and smoothen wrinkles? Cosmetic procedures will help you enhance your appearance
According to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), over 28,000 procedures were performed in 2018, an increase of 0.1% on the previous year.
The procedures are available for almost all body parts. It helps both men and women to create an image that makes them feel more comfortable and confident with their appearance. The results of cosmetic procedures are often permanent, so choosing the best cosmetic surgery in London is crucial.
What exactly is cosmetic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is a procedure that gives an option to you to enhance your appearance for cosmetic rather than medical reasons. Depending on the requirements, a surgeon may advise you on invasive (operation) cosmetic procedures.
There are also non-surgical cosmetic procedures that do not involve surgery, such as Botox and dermal fillers (used to relax or fill crease lines).
Why do people get cosmetic surgeries?
Since body positivity and appearance have become a part of the cultural lexicon, more and more people are opting for cosmetic procedures.
Here’s why people are choosing cosmetic surgeries:
Improve their self-confidence
Many people are self-conscious about their body parts, especially their nose, body shape, breasts, wrinkles and tommy. This makes them uncomfortable and upset with their body parts. Even they avoid joining social gatherings because of their body appearance.
Cosmetic procedures can help you correct the imbalance or enhance your physical attributes to improve your self-esteem and confidence.
Cosmetic procedures are now more affordable
The total cost of cosmetic procedures depends on various factors, such as:
- The geographic location of the clinic
- Cost of the actual procedure
- Medication fees
- Anesthesia cost
- Medical tests and surgical garments costs
Previously, cosmetic procedures were only opted for by wealthy patients. But with the advancement in technology, cosmetic procedures have become more affordable.
Improve physical health
Some cosmetic procedures can help you improve your physical health. For example, rhinoplasty or a nose job help correct impaired breathing while improving nose aesthetics. And breast reduction surgery helps you get relief from disc or back problems while enhancing the body contour.
Advancement in technology
With the advancement in technology, procedures are available now that would not be possible a couple of decades ago. One of the most prominent advances is computer-assisted imagining, which helps surgeons determine the exact specifications. And it also helps surgeons to ensure that the results can perfectly line up with the patient’s requirements. Also, the lasers used in cosmetic procedures now come with increased efficiency, effectiveness and safety.
The development of microdevices helps surgeons to conduct microsurgeries. It helps patients to obtain safer and more natural results.
Increase in screen time
With the increase in mobile phones and social media usage, cosmetic surgeries are on the upswing. Social media posting and selfies have led to an explosion in the frequency of unpleasant experiences. More and more people are getting hyper-aware of how they look to others.
10 Most common cosmetic surgery procedures
Breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty is a procedure to increase the size of the breast. It provides an option for women to get breast implants to make their breasts fuller and bigger. Some women get this procedure to make themselves feel more confident. Others opt for breast augmentation to rebuild the breast for various conditions. Both men and women can get this procedure.
The procedure involves placing breast implants under chest muscles or breast tissue.
- Cost of breast augmentation procedure in the UK: £3,500 to £8,000
- Minimum age to get breast augmentation procedure: 18 or over
- Number of women undergone breast augmentation procedures in 2018: 7,727
- Number of men undergone breast augmentation procedures in 2018: 18
Here are the types of breast implants:
- Saline breast implants: These implants are filled with sterile salt water. Saline breast implants are inserted empty. Once they are in place, the implants are filled.
- Structured saline breast implants: These implants are also filled with sterile saltwater, combining the natural feel of silicone with safety. Structured saline breast implants give a realistic and natural look.
- Silicone breast implants: These breast implants are pre-filled with silicone gel – a sticky, thick fluid that feels a bit more like breast tissue.
- Gummy bear breast implants: These implants are known to maintain their shapes better than other breast implants. These implants have both a silicone shell and a silicone gel filling.
- Round breast implants: These implants help achieve more fullness than form-stable implants. Round breast implants help achieve a curvy figure with even proportions. If you want a fuller, curvier look, choose the best cosmetic surgery in the UK.
- Smooth breast implants: This type of implant moves similar to natural breast tissue. They feel more softer and natural than the textured breast implant shell.
- Textured breast implants: These implants have a thick shell; once filled, it creates a firmer feel.
Liposuction, also known as suction-assisted lipectomy, is a procedure to vacuum small areas of fat that are hard to lose through exercise using hollow metal tubes or cannulas. This procedure is usually done to suck out fat from the buttocks, abdomen, backs of the arm, thighs, and neck. Liposuction aims to modify the body shape to help the patient improve contour and decrease fat deposits from some parts of the body.
- Cost of liposuction procedure in the UK: £2,000 to £6,000
- Minimum age to get liposuction procedure: 18 or over
- Number of women undergone liposuction procedures in 2018: 2,286
- Number of men undergone liposuction procedures in 2018: 232
Breast reduction is a procedure that can help women make their breasts smaller and more lifted. The procedure involves removing extra tissue, fat, and skin from the breasts.
Large breasts may cause:
- Skin irritation
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Inability to exercise
- Skin infection and rashes under the breasts
- Psychological distress, depression or low self-esteem
If you are considering getting a breast reduction procedure, consult with a highly experienced cosmetic surgeon in London.
- Cost of breast reduction procedure in the UK: Around £6,500
- Minimum age to get breast reduction procedure: 18 or over
- Number of women undergoing breast reduction procedure in 2018: 4,014
- Number of men undergone breast reduction procedure in 2018: 285
A breast lift or mastopexy is performed to modify the shape of the breast. The procedure involved removing excess skin and reshaping the breast tissue to raise the breasts. The surgeon will also reposition the nipple higher on the chest wall. Those with sagging breasts and nipples pointing downward should opt for this procedure.
- Cost of breast lift procedure in the UK: £3,495 to £6,495
- Minimum age to get breast lift procedure: 18 or over
Gynaecomastia refers to the abnormal enlargement of men’s breasts. This causes breasts to become larger than normal and swell. It is more common in older men and teenage boys.
- Cost of gynecomastia treatment in the UK: £2,000 to £6,000
- Minimum age to get gynecomastia treatment: 18 or over
Rhinoplasty, also known as nose reshaping and a nose job, is a procedure to change the shape and size of the nose. It provides an option to patients to enhance their nose appearance and improves breathing. However, choosing the best rhinoplasty in London is recommended for effective and lasting results.
- Cost of rhinoplasty procedure in the UK: £5,000 to £10,000
- Minimum age to get rhinoplasty procedure: Usually 18 or over
- Number of women undergone rhinoplasty procedure in 2018: 2,260
- Number of men undergone rhinoplasty procedure in 2018: 571
Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a cosmetic procedure that helps improve the appearance and shape of the abdomen (stomach). The procedure involves removing excess fat, skin and stretch marks and tightening the abdominal muscles. To get the abdominoplasty successfully, consult with a reputable cosmetic surgery in the UK.
- Cost of abdominoplasty procedure in the UK: £4,500 to £6,000
- Minimum age to get abdominoplasty procedure: 18 or over
- Number of women undergone abdominoplasty procedure in 2018: 2,733
- Number of men undergone abdominoplasty procedure in 2018: 179
Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, is a procedure that helps repair droopy eyelids and remove excess fat or skin from the eyelids. The procedure helps improve hooded drooping eyelids or eye bags and reduce or eliminate peripheral vision problems.
- Cost of blepharoplasty procedure in the UK: £2,000 to £6,000
- Minimum age to get blepharoplasty procedure: 40 or over
- Number of women undergone blepharoplasty procedure in 2018: 2,820
- Number of men undergone blepharoplasty procedure in 2018: 333
A face-lift (rhytidectomy) is a procedure that helps to lift and pull back the skin to make the patient’s face tWhat Are The Most Common Cosmetic Surgery Procedures?ighter and smoother. It can reduce the sagging or folds of skin on the jawline and cheeks to create a younger appearance on your face. It’s recommended to choose the best cosmetic surgery in London to get the best results.
- Cost of a rhytidectomy procedure in the UK: Starts from a few thousand pounds and goes up to £10,000.
- Minimum age to get rhytidectomy procedure: 45 or over
- Number of women undergone the procedure in 2018: 2,013 (face/neck lift)
- Number of men undergoing the procedure in 2018: 121 (face/neck lift)
Like a facelift, a forehead lift is performed to pull the skin of the forehead to smooth creases and remove wrinkles. The procedure helps correct:
- Dropping eyebrows
- Forehead furrows
- Hooded eyelids
- Frown lines
- Cost of forehead lift procedure in the UK: £3,105 to £5,630
How can we help you?
Cosmetic procedures are an effective way to enhance your physical appearance. However, choosing the best cosmetic surgeons is essential to get the desired results successfully. If you are considering getting rhinoplasty in London or facial procedures, consult our experts. We are dedicated to improving the shape and appearance of your nose and face so that you can feel more confident and comfortable with your look.