Why Do People Have a Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic operations in the world for both men and women. Most people who are unhappy with their nose shape and desire more aesthetically pleasing nasal features to match the rest of their facial structure opt for Rhinoplasty surgery.
Rhinoplasty is considered one of the most challenging aesthetic operations as it requires a holistic surgical approach customised to the patient’s requirements and goals. A consultation is required to ensure both the patient and surgeon are working towards the same goals.
Some of the most common Rhinoplasty procedures are such as;
- Nose Reduction: This form of Rhinoplasty reduces the nose's overall size to match the rest of the facial structure.
- Nose Augmentation: People dealing with smaller-shaped noses choose nose augmentation that increases the overall size of their nose.
- Nostril Surgery: This form of Rhinoplasty is known as nose reduction surgery or alarplasty and reshapes the size of the nostrils and alar base according to the patients requirement.
- Nasal Bridge Straightening: People dealing with a bumpy or crooked nasal bridge benefit from Rhinoplasty. This can straighten their nasal bridge and make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
- Septorhinoplasty: This form of Rhinoplasty involves reshaping the deviated septum in the nose. A deviated septum is usually caused by injuries or it just deivates with growth. A deviated septum can cause problems like breathing difficulty. The nose can be made to appear more cosmetically pleasing along with straightening the septum to help breathing.
- Perforated Septum: This involves repairing a hole in the septum wall. Perforated Septum Surgery Cost is exclusive of the entire Rhinoplasty cost usually but a hole in the nasal septum can be repaired at the same time as a Rhinoplasty.
What Is The Rhinoplasty Cost UK?
In the UK Rhinoplasty Cost is in the range of £8,000 to £12,000, depending on the patient’s goals and specific requirements. In addition, the overall Rhinoplasty price is inclusive of post-surgery follow-ups up to 12-18 months.
If you’re looking for outstanding and expert rhinoplasty in London, then look no further than Rhinoplasty LDN, as we specialise in providing our clients with a bespoke Rhinoplasty experience which is considered and safe.
A rhinoplasty procedure varies in length. The entire surgical procedure takes around 3-4 hours to complete.
The step-by-step Rhinoplasty procedure is as follows;
- Patient Is Placed Under General Anaesthesia: To ensure the patient’s maximum comfort, the surgeon usually recommends using general anaesthesia.
- Incision: Rhinoplasty is either performed with an open or closed procedure. Depending upon the chosen approach the incision is performed either inside the nose or across the columella. The Incision opens up the skin covering the nasal bones and cartilage to allow nose reshaping.
- Nose Reshaping: This step deals with nose reshaping or refining depending on the patient's requirements.
- Deviated Septum Treatment: Your nasal septum can be straightened at this point to help with breathing.
- Closing The Incision: After the nose reshaping procedure, the surgeon proceeds to close the incision.
- Bandaging The Surgical Area: To help healing the nose is then bandaged to protect it during the recovery process.
Once you begin the healing period post Rhinoplasty surgery, you will be advised to take a break from daily activities and work to focus on your recovery. Within in 2 weeks you are very presentable and by 12-18 months the final rhinoplasty result will be evident.
Rhinoplasty Recovery main symptoms encountered:
- Nose swelling
- Nose bleeds
- Nose congestion
- Breathing difficulty
- Swelling and bruising
Rhinoplasty Recovery tips:
- Sleep on an extra pillow while sleeping.
- Avoid heavy exercise
- Try to sneeze through your mouth instead of the nose
- Try not to get your nose wet while the cast or dressing is on