- Choose a qualified and experienced surgeon: It is important to choose a surgeon who is qualified, experienced, and has a good reputation for performing successful rhinoplasty operations. Look for a specialized nasal surgeon who can perform both cosmetic and functional aspects of your surgery competently. Your surgeon should perform a high number of nose operations per year and be able to show a portfolio of cases.
- Set realistic expectations: Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of your nose, but it cannot completely change your appearance. It is important to have realistic expectations and understand that there may be limitations to what can be achieved through surgery.
- Mental well-being: It is vital that your well being is fully taken into account before undergoing a Rhinoplasty procedure. This includes your mental well being. In some cases your surgeon may recommend meeting with a psychologist to ensure you are in an optimal condition to undergo plastic surgery safely.
- Consider your medical history: Before undergoing rhinoplasty; you should inform your surgeon of any medical conditions, allergies, or medications you are taking. This will help the surgeon determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Preparing for the procedure: Your surgeon will provide you with specific instructions on how to prepare for the procedure, including any necessary pre-operative tests, dietary restrictions, and avoiding certain medications.
- Cost: Be sure to discuss the cost and any financing options available with your surgeon before undergoing the procedure.
- Recovery time: You can expect some discomfort and swelling in the days following the procedure although this is usually mild. Your surgeon will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for yourself during the recovery period.
By taking these considerations into account, you can increase the chances of having a successful and pleasing outcome from your rhinoplasty procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nose Job
Answering some of the most commonly asked questions regarding nose jobs and any concerns patients might have regarding the surgery.